Cloud Architect and DevOps Engineer
A unique growth opportunity for an experienced DevOps specialist to work in a start-up environment. We are looking for someone with a combination of top-notch hands-on cloud computing skills and a vision – a champion of automation and innovation.
7 Chord is an innovative trading technology start-up in NYC (Barclays Accelerator, powered by Techstars, Class 2017). For credit traders, operating in the $8 trillion corporate bond market where 70% of activity is still conducted by phone, we provide trading signals and predicative analytics. Our products help them lower the costs of execution and make better investment decisions. Our growing all-star team of machine learning researchers, traders and engineers designed proprietary machine learning technology that operates in real-time low-latency environment. This is a unique opportunity to join a business with a high growth potential as one of the key early employees.
- Architect and build automated and highly sophisticated infrastructure in a Cloud or Virtualized environment.
- Manage network configuration like software.
- Create and manage the roadmap for cloud / hybrid cloud initiatives.
- Research and provide a position on emerging technologies and vendor solutions. Drive concept validation and prototyping.
- Manage code migration, capacity planning and monitoring.
- Be aware of functional requirements such as security, robustness, regulatory constraints.
- Genuine depth of experience around network automation in the pure cloud or hybrid cloud environment and predictive tasks related to network operations.
- Must be comfortable working in both Linux and Windows environments.
- Experience building and deploying applications in AWS, Google Cloud, etc.
- Willingness to learn new technologies, languages and processes.
- Experience with automation and container technologies (Chef, Docker, Puppet etc.).
- Strong scripting skills, i.e., Powershell, Python, Bash, Ruby, Perl, etc.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science / Software Engineering or a related field.
- Management of continuous integration servers like Jenkins, Bamboo and TeamCity.
- Experience with automated testing tools (ie. Selenium, JMeter).
Please send your resume, Linkedin and GitHub profiles to firstname.lastname@example.org.